What makes a truly awesome bedroom? Of course, it all starts with an amazingly comfortable bed, one that you can’t wait to jump into at the end of the day. Many bedrooms, however, can end up over-cluttered with cumbersome storage solutions. This can drag their style credentials down and make them look smaller.
To avoid problems like this, take a look below at the essential accessories you need to keep your bedroom looking and feeling its best.
- The right window dressings. So many people think just of aesthetics when choosing bedroom curtains and blinds, but you also need to consider light-blocking too. Luckily, blackout curtains such as those from Julian Charles and other luxury retailers look amazing as well as helping you get a great night’s sleep.
- Great quality, stunning looking sheets. A new bedding set can be a wonderful thing, transforming the look of your room and making your bed much more comfortable. Invest in some seriously stylish sheets and enjoy that first night’s sleep once you’ve got them home.
- Angled bedside lamps. These crucial accessories help to manage light levels in the room, so you can turn the main light off and lower light levels ready for sleep. Angled lamps also help late night readers to carry on without disturbing their bed-mate.
- A comfortable rug. There’s nothing worse than hopping out of bed on a chilly winter’s morning only to freeze your toes off on an ice cold floor. Soften the blow with a luxury, thick pile rug, which can help to create a glamorous boudoir feel as well as having very practical benefits.
- A seat. This is an often overlooked accessory in modern bedrooms, but it’s just so useful to have an elegant chair, padded ottoman, small sofa or even a glamorous chaise longue to perch on. Whether for having a conversation with your partner while getting ready for a night out, or slinging clothes over after said night, a seat of some kind is a very useful addition to a bedroom.
- Clever storage. The biggest of your bedroom accessories, storage space needs to be chosen very carefully, especially if you’ve got a lot of stuff. You want to be able to access it easily, but without the storage solution taking up too much bedroom space. Sliding door wardrobes and bespoke units are both great options, so put the time in to find the right one for you.
Of course, your bedroom would be nothing without a fantastic bed, so put this right at the top of your list when shopping for accessories.