The bedroom is a space we use to let our hair down, unwind and relax. Therefore, it is essential we create the right atmosphere and allow a sense of calm and serenity into the room. The way in which your bedroom is decorated and accessorised is down to personal choice and taste. However, many find that with the addition of flowers in the room, the ambience changes to one of tranquillity and freshness.
However, when placing flowers within your bedroom, there are a few essential tips you should follow:
- Choose fragrant flowers which have a scent that appeals to you.
- Pick subtle and soothing colours such as: white, pink, peach etc.
- Have small bunches in your room – scattered around, rather than one big bunch.
- Pick only fresh flowers and ensure no insects are present.
- Ideal for the bedroom is small bunches of flowers near to the bed – on a bedside table.
- Always replace the flowers in the bedroom every few days.
- Keep the bedroom well ventilated when flowers are in there.
Some of the most popular flowers used in the bedroom can be found below:
The Peony is one of the most sensual flowers with a delicate scent that appeals to most people. This flower is thought to be a cure for love and romance. It is also associated with female beauty so is ideal for the female bedroom.
The Lotus flower is often used to symbolise ultimate perfection and purity. This is because when it grows in the ground – it is never touched by the mud. In Chinese medicine this entire plant from the roots to the petals is used, making it ideal for providing a healthy, harmonious room.
The Cherry blossoms have long been associated with new beginnings and are ideal if you have moved into a new bedroom or recently decorated one.
The Orchid is known to bring energy into a room and is also considered as representing a quest for perfection. Abundance, perfection, spiritual growth and beauty are all associated with the Orchid, making it the perfect flower for the bedroom.
If you opt against the above flowers for your room, you can purchase freshly made bouquets from Serenata.
Whilst flowers do not have to be limited to just the bedroom – they are ideal for creating that luxurious space where you can relax and collect yourself.