A bathroom is one of the rooms in your house that you should feel relaxed and indulged in. If it isn’t then why not make a few simple changes to create your own haven of calm.
Not everyone has a big budget when it comes to their bathroom, as other rooms in the house tend to take priority. However, there are a few luxurious changes you can make, even on a tight budget.
Credits: Alex Beattle
- Giving your bathroom a lick of paint will instantly improve the space. For a classy, boutique hotel-style opt for creams and whites. If bolder is more your thing then try geometric prints, but make sure that you add accessories that are in-keeping with the style and match. Mismatched bathroom accessories will detract from the overall effect you are trying to achieve.
- New door handles, like these from Not on the High Street, will make your bathroom look more luxurious. Similarly, new towel rails will also make a difference and make the room look tidier.
- Replacing old fixtures and fittings is relatively inexpensive, but has a massive impact. If your budget won’t stretch to a new bathroom suite, then consider switching the taps – this can instantly modernize the feel of the room. John Louis Bathrooms has a decent selection of contemporary taps.
- Replace threadbare towels with plush new ones. This seems like a simple tip, but if you can remember that pampered feeling of huge, fluffy hotel or spa towels then you will know how important this is.
- Lighting in a bathroom is really important. A super cheap way of adding lighting is to use scented candles – here’s a guide to creating your own at home. Not only will they add that all essential mood lighting, but they will also release a relaxing scent that will remain long after you leave the room.
- Clear away all of your bathroom clutter such as spare towels, beauty products and toilet rolls by incorporating clever, concealed storage. Wicker and sea grass baskets and cabinets like these are great for dirty linen and toiletries.
These are really easy, relatively cheap ideas, and even incorporating a few of them will make a big difference in your bathroom.